(Released at The Rental Show 2013)
Members of the party and event rental industry, both equipment rental companies and manufacturers, identified a need to assist tent rental customers with their emergency evacuation planning. To that end, ARA and ARA Insurance developed this industry-recognized Statement of Best Practices that addresses both weather-related and other emergencies.
The objectives of this Best Practices document are to:
- Underscore the fact that tents are not safe shelters in emergency situations.
- Educate all entities involved in tented events about their roles in ensuring the safe use of the equipment.
- Assist rental companies and their customers in understanding the industry's best practices regarding measures to take when emergency situations occur during tented events.
- Encourage tent rental customers to prepare emergency evacuation plans for their events.
- Enhance the safe use of rented tents in order to reduce injuries from emergencies.
To view the Table of Contents, click here.
Party and event rental companies and tent manufacturers assisted ARA and ARA Insurance with developing content for this document.