David Child, No. 150, was the top bidder on a variety of items during the 2013 charity auction. He's with ARA Foundation Trustee Paul Phelon.
During the aucvtion Jimmy Pate, No. 202, purchased Doosan Portable Power's LSC light tower.
ARA President Mike Blaisdell was the top bidder on the Projax utility scaffold from Haulotte Group BilJax.
The AirPac portable air conditioner was the item purchased by Cathy and Jerry Kortesmaki.
Leeanne Steele studies the auction catalog. Her husband, Larry Steele, was the top bidder for the Apex beverage fountain and the Chicago Pneumatic Construction Equipment pneumatic breaker.
Alan Wismer was the top bidder for the set of Greenteeth and pockets donated by Green Manufacturing.
ARA Foundation Charity Auction
The Rental Show 2013 was very successful for the ARA Foundation, as the rental industry raised nearly $95,000 in support of the Foundation’s programs.
Of the total, $81,150 was from the live charity auction during the Reception With a Purpose, while $7,600 was contributed at the ARA Resource Center. In addition, $5,325 was donated through registrations for The Rental Show to make the grand total of Show-related contributions $94,075.
With this year’s total from the auction, the Foundation has now raised more than $500,000 during the seven live auctions that have been conducted since 2007.
The following were the top bidders and donors for the 2013 charity auction.
- Brandon Ahlgren of Elite Event and Rentals, Safety Harbor, Fla., 10 hours of REAP (Rental Executive Advisory Program) mentoring donated by the ARA Foundation.
- Mike Blaisdell of Bunce Rental, Tacoma, Wash., ProJax utility scaffold donated by Haulotte Group BilJax.
- Keith Bouldin of AKB Equipment Rental, McMinnville, Tenn., K-812 core drilling machine plus core bits donated by KOR-IT.
- David Child, A-1 Rental and Sales, Price, Utah, Cobra Pro donated by Atlas Copco Construction Equipment, TE 60-ATC Combihammer donated by Hilti, AM780-HC4V air compressor donated by Jenny Products, Dell touchscreen computer donated by Point-of-Rental Systems, “Winter Wonderland” Colorado ski vacation donated by Tiresocks and iPad donated by Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
- Ben Cooke, CERP, of Cooke’s Rentals, Mount Airy, N.C., Disney vacation package donated by Stone Construction Equipment/The Toro Co.
- Scott Essig of Essig Entertainment, Eugene, Ore., Royal Simon bar stools donated by Active International and 9-ft. market umbrellas with bags donated by Argo Bag.
- Michelle Evans of Evans Equipment Co., Glenwood, Iowa, Blue Star 185 DX donated by Miller Electric Manufacturing Co.
- Jason Griffith of Griffith Rental, Baker, Mont., reproduction Wayne Model 615 10-gallon visible gas pump donated by General Equipment Co.
- Fred Hageman of Rental Acquisitions, Cameron Park, Calif., John Deere Classic weekend package donated by John Deere.
- Blair Holtsman of Hub City Display, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, four Gehl Club tickets to a Milwaukee Brewers game donated by Gehl Co.
- Scott Irwin of Delux Rental, Ypsilanti, Mich., VIZIO 47-in. 3-D LCD television donated by EDCO – Equipment Development Co. and two self-powered theft recovery systems donated by LoJack.
- Jerry Kortesmaki of London Road Rental Center, Duluth, Minn., COOLIT2600 1.1 ton portable air conditioner donated by AirPac.
- Robin Matthews of R.A. Greig Equipment Co., Erie, Pa., hand-held electric saw donated by EDCO – Equipment Development Co.
- Jimmy Pate of Pate’s Hardware, Comanche, Texas, LSC (LightSource Compact) light tower donated by Doosan Portable Power.
- Robert Pedersen of A Tool Shed, Santa Cruz, Calif., choice of brush cutter or overseeder donated by Billy Goat Industries and Red Rock Ranch bird hunt trip donated by Ditch Witch.
- Brett Richter of Double R Rentals and Sales, Langley, Wash., MV-1300 OMEV wet/dry vacuum donated by Mi-T-M Corp.
- Larry Steele of Aurora Rents, Shoreline, Wash., 4004-SS Princess beverage fountain donated by Apex Fountain Sales and CP 1230 pneumatic breaker donated by Chicago Pneumatic Construction Equipment.
- Buddy Stubbs of Busylad Rent-All, Tupelo, Miss., wet and dry combo inflatable donated by Kangaroo Inflatables.
- Brian Stumph of Herriott’s Rents Tents Events, Champaign, Ill., Weber Genesis grill donated by Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
- Terry Turner, CERP, All Occasions Party Rental, Knoxville, Tenn., Peyton Manning jersey donated by ARA Region 10 Director Paul Kenyon and case of wine donated by Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.
- Steve Wagner of A-1 Minnetonka Rental, Wayzata, Minn., one case of Kwik-Covers and three cases of Kwik-Skirt combo packs donated by Kwik-Covers.
- Alan Wismer of George’s Tool Rental, Hatfield, Pa., set of Greenteeth and pockets donated by Green Manufacturing.
Allied Financial Solutions donated six-months-same-as-cash financing for anyone making an auction purchase.
In addition, the following donated to the Foundation’s Fund A Need with contributions to support the Foundation’s programs:
- Andy Cooke, CERP, Cooke Rentals – Cornelius, Cornelius, N.C.
- Julie Creedon-Linton, CERP, Creedon and Co., Worcester, Mass.
- Delores Crum, CERP, Premiere Party Central, Austin, Texas.
- Catherine DeBusk, CERP, Party People Rentals, Phoenix.
- Robert DeBusk, American Equipment Rentals, Phoenix.
- Doug Haas, Crown Rental, Rosemount, Minn.
- Linda Jones, Area Rent-Alls, Westminster, Colo.
- Jay Lageschulte, S and M Rentals, Phoenix.
- Michael Linton, Michael’s Party Rentals, Ludlow, Mass.
- Paul Phelon, Timp Rental Center, Orem, Utah.
- Michael Tonry, Milford – 495 Rental, Milford, Mass.
- Roger Vajgrt, Home Rental Center and Sales Co., Marshalltown, Iowa.
- Alan Zatik, ABC Equipment Rentals and Sales, Brunswick, Ohio.
Thank you to the Reception With a Purpose sponsors.